Tea tree oil for your hair: everything you should know
Women are always looking for the perfect way to keep their locks looking luscious. After all, their hair is by far the best way to make a statement, styling it to fit any outfit and occasion. If you’re amongst the many looking to care for your hair in a natural and easy way, or need to treat dandruff and other frustrating hair and scalp conditions, why not try tea tree oil? Here we’ll share all you need to know about tea tree oil, plus for more information about tea tree oil for hair care click here.
What is tea tree oil?
Many of us will have heard of tea tree oil, but do you know where it comes from? The tea tree shrub wood and leaves contain this oil we’re all so familiar with. Using steam distillation, it can be extracted, and thanks to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties it’s a popular oil for many uses.
Why should you use tea tree oil for hair care?
Using tea tree oil for hair care is ideal thanks to its properties. Reasons it could help you, include:
- Antifungal and antibacterial properties mean tea tree oil can help maintain a clean and healthy scalp.
- Tea tree oil is a natural moisturizer, so helps to prevents a build-up of excess oil on your scalp.
- As it’s a moisturizer, tea tree oil can soothe a dry and itchy scalp and help treat seborrheic dermatitis.
- Dandruff can also be treated with tea tree oil thanks to its anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties.
How to use tea tree oil for hair care
Women who are interested in using tea tree oil for hair care, will need to take care to read the following steps to ensure they do so safely and effectively.
- A minimal amount of pure tea tree oil (literally a few drops!) is need in your favourite oil, for example almond oil, for it to be effective.
- Tea tree oil should always be added to a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or coconut oil.
- Tea tree oil can be heated along with your chosen carrier oil for a warm scalp massage. Allow this to sit for around thirty minutes before rinsing it out. Do this once a week and it is a great way to keep your scalp and hair healthy.
- Use tea tree oil for hair refreshing. By adding around 3-5 drops of tea tree oil to a spray bottle filled with water, you can mix up your own hair refreshing spray.
- To use tea tree oil to treat dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis, add 15 drops of to your shampoo and use as part of your normal hair washing routine.
Women will always be looking for natural, simple ways to protect their hair and keep it healthy. Armed with the right information about using tea tree oil for hair care, you can be sure that this oil will help you take care of your hair and keep you looking fabulous.